Voting in the 2018 Midterm Elections
Register to vote
Deadline: October 16, 2018, 9:00 p.m.
Election Day: November 6, 2018
Polls open: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Find your polling place
Early voting period: October 25, 2018 – November 1, 2018
Same day registration is available during the early voting period
Request an absentee ballot
Deadline to request: November 2, 2018
Deadline to postmark: November 6, 2018
Maryland - Candidates for Governor
- Larry Hogan (R) – Incumbent. Previously founder and president of The Hogan Companies, which focuses on real estate brokerage, investment and development. He also founded Change Maryland, a nonprofit campaign “to bring fiscal restraint and common sense to Annapolis.”
- Ben Jealous (D) – Former president and CEO of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). He is also a partner at Kapor Capital and Board Chairman of the Southern Elections Fund.
Maryland - U.S. Senate Candidates
- Ben Cardin (D) – Incumbent. First elected to the Senate in 2006, previously served in the U.S. House of Representatives and Maryland State House of Delegates. Also worked as a lawyer.
- Tony Campbell (R) – Political science professor at Towson University. Also served as a Chaplain in the U.S. Army and served on the Executive Committee of the Maryland Republican Party and the Baltimore County Charter Review Commission.
- Neal Simon (I) – Currently, CEO of Bronfman Rothschild and has led four other professional services companies. Also serves as the current chair of the Greater Washington Community Foundation and previously served for six years on the board of directors for Interfaith Works.
Maryland – U.S. House of Representatives Candidates
- Steny Hoyer (D) – Incumbent. First elected to the Senate in a 1981 special election. He is currently House Minority Whip and has previously been House Majority Leader. Previously served as member of the Maryland State Board for Higher Education and in the Maryland State Senate, including as Senate President. Also worked as an attorney.
- William Devine III (R) – 2018 Candidate.
- Jacob Pulcher (L) – 2018 Candidate.
- Patrick Elder (G) – 2018 Candidate.
Maryland – State Senate Candidates
- Jim Rosapepe (D) – Incumbent. First elected in 2006, previously served in the Maryland House of Delegates and as U.S. Ambassador to Romania.
- Lee Havis (R) – Currently an educator who also holds a J.D. and previously served in the Peace Corps in Panama.
Maryland – State House of Delegates Candidates
Can vote for up to two candidates
- Ben Barnes (D) – Incumbent. First elected in 2006, previously worked as an attorney, clerk, and legislative aide to the Maryland State Senate President.
- Joseline Pena-Melnyk (D) – Incumbent. First elected in 2006, previously served on the College Park City Council. Also worked as an assistant U.S. Attorney in D.C. and an attorney with the Defender Association of Philadelphia.
- Mary Lehman (D) – Current Prince George’s County Council Member since 2010. Previously worked as a journalist and legislative aide. Also on the Board of Directors of the West Laurel Civic Association and member of the Laurel Rotary Club and Laurel Historical Society.
- Chike Anyanwu (R) – Currently works for the Maryland Transit Administration, and also fundraises for hardworking, elderly, poor and disabled citizens.
- Richard Douglas (R) – Currently works as an attorney.
- Ray Ranker (I) – Currently serves as the Lutheran Chaplain at the University of Maryland.
Prince George’s County – County Executive Candidates
- Angela Alsobrooks (D) – Currently serves as the county’s State Attorney and previously served as Executive Director of the county’s Revenue Authority, Education Liaison, and Prosecutor.
- Jerry Mathis (R) – Currently CEO of Mathis Realtors, previously served in the U.S. Army and taught social studies in the Anne Arundel County Public School System.
Prince George’s County – District 3 County Council Candidates
- Dannielle Glaros (D) – Incumbent. First elected in 2014, previously served as Associate Director at Smart Growth America.
Prince George’s County – At-large Council Candidates
- Mel Franklin (D) – Currently serves as the Councilman for District 9. Previously served as Maryland Assistant Attorney General and Attorney for the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- Calvin Hawkins (D) – Has served in the County’s Department of Public Works, Office of Emergency Management, and the Executive Suite as Special Advisor to County Executive Rushern Baker and former County Executive Wayne Curry.
- Felicia Folarin (R) – A business woman.